Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Latest Acquisitions

There is no feeling in the world like coming home to a UPS delivered package containing one (or more) newly acquired New Era caps. So yesterday was particularly thrilling when I came home to find a package with my latest purchase. This, on top of the the two caps I received last week. Here they are:

California Angels (1972-1989) New Era Cooperstown Collection

This is the cap I've been waiting YEARS for. I have nearly 400 fitted caps, and this is a replica of the first one I ever purchased. (yes, I still have the original, but it's too small) For years, the only CC cap New Era produced was the Angels logo depicting the fatter "A" worn between 1990 and 1992. So thanks to a blog I've been following ballcapblog.blogspot.com/ I discovered that this cap is being produced. A bit of searching and it is now a part of my collection. I will explain in more detail at a later date, but I grew up a fan of the California Angels, and I do still root for them as my #2 team. This cap represents the team I loved during my formative years. I attended many games at Anaheim Stadium with my father. Such fantastic memories. I actually had to buy two of them just so I have a backup.

Seattle Mariners (1981-1986) New Era Cooperstown Collection

Of all of the Mariners logos that the team has been through since the early 80s, this one was always my favorite. It's probably just a nostalgia thing, but I had always told myself that if I ever found a New Era version of this cap I would buy it. Fortunately, the place I purchased the Angels cap had this cap available as well.

Texas Rangers (1972-1985) New Era Cooperstown Collection

Again, I went with a cap that was being worn when I began following baseball. Weird that I own and actually wear caps of teams which are division rivals of teams I like? Perhaps, but that's not necessarily what collecting is about, in my view. This is just a classy, nice and simple logo for a cap. Dare I say, vintage? Either way, I'm happy.

So there they are, my latest acquisitions.

All three caps purchased from www.mickeysplace.com/ An awesome site, especially if you're looking for a wide selection of Cooperstown Collection caps. What would you expect? They are located in Cooperstown, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment