Thursday, February 10, 2011

Let The Rebuilding Begin

 In a move that is sure to be the first of many, the Ottawa Senators have begun to dismantle, and are going into rebuilding mode. This morning, my beloved Senators traded Mike Fisher to Nashville for draft picks. I've been anticipating moves like these for weeks, and when rumors started to surface that Mike Fisher was a candidate to be moved I was really upset because next to captain Daniel Alfredsson, Fisher has been the consummate Senator. Most beloved by fans and the community. The move to Nashville makes sense if for any reason, because his wife is country music superstar Carrie Underwood. I suppose as the season slides toward the playoffs, I will have to shift my loyalties toward the Predators. I have nothing against this team, and much like when I rooted for the Boston Celtics to see Kevin Garnett get a ring, I will do the same for Mike Fisher. Best of luck to him and Carrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment